What is the PTO?
The objectives of the Greens Prairie Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) are to help create and provide an environment for the enjoyment of learning, an enthusiasm for fun of learning, and the highest and utmost advantageous standards available to help achieve the highest potential in the education process.
The PTO is a Non Profit Organization. The PTO has a minimal operational budget. The money that is raised through the PTO is used to benefit all of the students and staff at Greens Prairie Elementary.
In the past 3 years, the PTO has funded:
- 4th grade field trip to the state capitol in Austin
- 50 laptops and 2 laptop carts
- The sound system used at all school events as well as in car-rider line
- Costumes for the musicals
- White board desks for math classes
- Art tables
- Playground equipment
- Dinosaur George program
- The Yuck Show
- Take home readers
- Teacher grants
- New library books
How does the PTO raise money?
- Local businesses and individuals generously sponsor our school t-shirts and events such as Frosty’s Snow Bash and Mustang Rodeo
- Annual Mustang Rodeo and BBQ Cookoff
- Boosterthon (every other year)
- Book Fair (all money raised through the book fair is used for books and resources for our school library).
- Fine Arts Night and Art Show (art sales profits are used to fund art supplies)
- Spirit Nights
- Amazon Smile