Think you make the best ribs in town? A top secret brisket recipe? Melt in your mouth chicken grillin’ skills? Put your money where your mouth is! Join some of the best grillin’, smokin’, BBQin’ Mustang families around and enter our BBQ Cook-Off! Prizes and bragging rights for the top winners in each category, plus one will be named overall Grand Champion. Don’t forget the Jackpot Beans competition too! Cash prize (amount based on number of entries) awarded for the best beans! All proceeds will go to Greens Prairie Elementary PTO to purchase items for students at Greens Prairie Elementary.
2022 BBQ COOK-0FF JUDGES
Max Crawford – KBTX Meteorologist
Rusty Surette – KBTX News Anchor
Mike Martindale – CSISD Superintendent
Scott Delucia – WTAW Infomaniacs
Zach Taylor – WTAW Infomaniacs
- $50- Brisket, ribs and chicken (required for Grand Champion consideration)
- $40-Brisket-1 pound
- $30 Ribs-1/2 lb baby back ribs
- $20-Chicken-1 leg quarter
- $10 per entry-Pinto beans
- May be cooked off-site.
- Prize will consist of half the money of all bean entries.
Trophies for BBQ and cash prize awarded for Jackpot Beans
Application and payment due by Friday, April 1, 2022. No refunds for cancellation.
Details & Information
- Application and payment due by Friday, April 1, 2022.
- No refunds for cancellation.
- BBQ Cookoff schedule of events:
- Set up begins at 6 p.m., Friday, April 1, 2022
- Judging will be at the following times on Saturday, April 2, 2022
- 10:30 a.m. – Chicken
- 11:00 a.m. – Beans
- 11:30 a.m. – Ribs
- 12:00 p.m. – Brisket
- 1:00 p.m. – Awards at the Main Stage
- Event Details:
- The Greens Prairie Rodeo/BBQ Cook-off is scheduled for 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Teams will consist of a head cook and up to four team members.
- Any and all meats that may be entered into judging will be cooked from scratch within the constraints of the event. Marinating allowed off-site.
- No garnish or sauce in the tray at turn-in. You may cook with sauce but it cannot be ladled on the meat at turn in.
- Fires must be of gas, wood or charcoal. Self-contained fires only. Each team must bring a fire extinguisher.
- Trailers, vehicles, tents and any other equipment may not exceed the boundaries of the assigned space. As space allows, a designated space for RVs will be available.
- Restrooms will be available inside the school.
- Mandatory Head Cook’s meeting will be Saturday at 9 a.m. in the school cafeteria.
- It is the responsibility of the team to see the area is clean during and after the event.
- Decorations are encouraged!
- Not responsible for theft, injury, and/or damages.
- No alcohol, tobacco, drugs on school premises. The cooking area will be on school premises.
- No electricity available. However, water and trash cans will be available.
- Teams may elect, at their discretion, to give out small samples. Samples must be NO LARGER than 2oz cups.
Questions? Please contact Brad Hopkins.