Are you interested in being a part of the PTO?
Fill out our form. We’ll be in touch soon!
Volunteer applications are open for the 2021-2022 school year
Complete an application to volunteer with the College Station Independent School District. All volunteers must be approved through the district each year in order to volunteer in CSISD schools.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
We need volunteers for the Greens Prairie library. Our librarian is split between two schools and we are in need of help on the weeks she is not at GP. Use the Sign Up Genius to sign up for a time (you do not have to commit to the full hour time slots, just note the time you will be available during that shift). Make sure you have filled out the volunteer form through the district website before signing up. Thank you for your help!y
Fine Arts Night – Tuesday, February 1, 2022, 6 – 8 p.m.
The Greens Prairie Elementary Fine Arts Night includes an art show, which features a framed piece of art from each student at our school. We will also have various arts-related vendors set up around the school for families to get to know and enjoy! We need volunteers that can help with set-up and clean-up, which would each take no more than an hour, as well as several volunteers to work the art show, which is a one to two hour commitment.
Annual Mustang Rodeo & BBQ Cookoff – Saturday, April 2, 2022
The Rodeo is a fun family affair that includes inflatables, games, entertainment by the 4th graders and other groups around town, food trucks, concessions, and an all-around good time! We need help planning this event as well as working various aspects of the event on the day-of.
Mr. Suel puts on 4 amazing musicals every year. This year, he’s asking parents to help him with costumes and stage design! Help our music teacher bring his vision to life. Being crafty is a plus, but if you’re not crafty, we need lots of “worker bees” as well! Musical dates are as follows. Preparation for each performance begins about 3 weeks prior to the musical.
- December 16: 4th grade musical
- February 23: 3rd grade musical
- March 31: 2nd grade musical
- April 27: 1st grade musical
Why join the PTO?
- We need you! We are always looking for parents that want to be involved at our school. Note: Volunteering is encouraged but NOT required, and there are NO membership dues.
- Camaraderie! Meet other parents and families with children the same age as your own.
- Get to know the school principal at our monthly meetings, as well as build rapport with teachers and office staff while volunteering.
- Speak up! PTO offers a forum for exchanging ideas as well as making suggestions. Also, membership entitles you to vote on all PTO business.
- Studies show children do better in school when parents are involved; demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education!